Operator - Media Services (DATG)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 633559BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Feb. 05, 2019
Job Summary:The Operator, Media Services is responsible for assisting in the timely media ingest and file processing activity for Disney Channel, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Freeform and ABC content. The person will interact with many internal and external DATG partners such as Mastering, Servicing, Marketing, Programming, Ad Sales, Synergy, Broadcast Operations, Non-Linear Distribution, Content Security, Traffic, Radio Disney, and Media Engineering. Candidate must maintain a high level of customer service at all times. As a key point of contact for media ingest, delivery and metadata management, the role will also be accountable for database accuracy and assuring the technical compliance of DATG MAM system content. The position reports to the Manager, Media Services.
- Perform the processing and management of media assets in a results-driven environment
- Accountable for DATG MAM ingest activity and tracking, as well as ingest activity that may occur outside DATG MAM
- Ingest of both finished and unfinished content and validate file integrity and adherence to format specifications
- Troubleshoot and resolve both media-based and MAM system-based technical anomalies – escalating as necessary according to established protocols
- Address file rejections generated by Quality Control (QC) software and manual QC processing and escalate to appropriate teams as required
- Perform deliveries of media using Mediator, Jellyroll and Media Monorail to both domestic and international clients
- Perform metadata validation and entry including segment timings, manual QC and asset status
- Manage failures in Set Top Box VOD workflow including trouble shooting automation, manually packaging content when necessary, providing operational support to our VOD affiliate partners and ensure all deliveries ordered can be fulfilled in a timely manner
- Be a subject matter expert in all department databases and software (Xytech MediaPulse, Mediator, Jellyroll, etc.).
- Perform media asset transformations utilizing transcode tools and edit tools
- Be a part of a strong, high functioning team that’s able to effectively and efficiently execute assignments.
- Ensure the prompt resolution of high level issues related to file integrity, media attributes, and content compliance.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and assist in documenting department processes.
- Have an attitude of continuous improvement
- Assist manager in developing, maintaining and enforcing media management, storage and content security policies.
- Liaison with various DATG departments and provide a high level of customer service
- 3+ years of media distribution or television operations experience
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills. Team player.
- Strong understanding of audio/video file formats, television standards, film formats, codecs, bitrates, frame rates, video resolutions, aspect ratios, broadcast audio configurations and electronic delivery technologies.
- Knowledge of media processing tools including Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, QuickTime Pro, MacCaption, Mediator, Compressor, Vantage, Aspera and video tape formats including D5, D2, DVC Pro, HDCAM SR, Digital Betacam, Betacam SP.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of Xytech products
- Must work well with little or no supervision and have a strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of production and post-production workflows and best practices
- VOD content delivery and management skills are a plus, including knowledge of industry trends in the non-linear space
- Broadcast/Cable television, Studio, or Post Production house experience
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
Additional Information:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
DTCI Technology is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.