Paralegal - CopyrightApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714216BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
The Walt Disney Company’s Corporate Legal Department is seeking a Paralegal to join the Copyright Administration Team of the Intellectual Property Group to assist specifically with, but not limited to, the copyright registration and administration of motion pictures, television programs, publications, sound recordings, musical compositions, artwork, computer programs and the recordation of documents. The role will be under the supervision of a Senior Manager and will have exposure and opportunity to work with the creative departments that oversee the production of various content for Walt Disney Pictures & Animation, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Pixar, ABC Networks, The Disney Channel, Hollywood Records, Disney Theatrical Productions, National Geographic and others.
This role is initially based in Century City and will transfer to Burbank, CA in the Spring of 2020.
- Register works for copyright and record documents of transfer with the US Copyright Office
- Secure proper documents, information and deposit materials to procure the registration of a copyright and recorded document
- Review agreements and contracts to confirm ownership and proper chain of title
- Provide assistance and support to litigation, enforcement and trademark groups involving copyright related matters
- Conduct research and prepare reports
- Maintain and administer the Company’s copyright recordation database and physical archive files
- Minimum 3 years as a paralegal with copyright registration and administration experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or qualification to be a paralegal by certification or education and work experience as set forth by the American Bar Association and any applicable state codes
- Experience with reviewing production agreements and confirming chain of title
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Experience in handling a high volume of deadline-intensive work
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills up to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels, both internal and external
- Experience with working effectively in a collaborative team-environment
- Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism
- Ability to recognize and eliminate inefficiencies and promote continuous improvement
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office software programs, Adobe software, and online research skills
- Willingness to learn and use new research materials and practice tools
- Experience with database and reporting systems
- Spanish or Portuguese not required, but is a plus
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later