Paralegal SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 764425BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 11, 2020
This position currently reports to the Paralegal Manager for the Office of the Corporate Secretary
- Assist with coordination of board meetings and preparation of board and committee materials
- Assist with insider trading compliance program oversight
- Corporate secretary duties, including all aspects of subsidiary maintenance and corporate record keeping
- Draft resolutions, consents, governing documents, certificates and minutes
- Assist with SEC filings, including proxy, registration statements and Section 16 filings
- Assist with internal corporate transactions
- Draft governance-related policies and procedures
- Forming, dissolving and maintaining domestic and international subsidiaries
- Public company corporate governance and board experience, including preparation and maintenance of board agendas and calendars and coordination of board meetings and materials
- Corporate drafting experience, including resolutions, consents, minutes, certificates, charters, bylaws
- Electronic board portals (Boardvantage, Diligent or similar)
- Entity management systems (CSC, Diligent Entities, GEMS or similar)
- Electronic document filing and maintenance
- SEC filing preparation
- Development and implementation of corporate procedures and policies
- 7+ years paralegal experience (paralegal certificate is required or the ability to work as a paralegal in CA under the supervision of an attorney) or 2+ years practicing attorney experience
- In-house and/or law firm corporate transactional, governance or finance experience
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you to foster cross-department collaboration
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude
- Experience working in a large national law firm or in house at a Fortune 100 company
- Strong knowledge of California and Delaware corporate law
- Experience with budgeting and legal billing, and matter management software (Legal Tracker)
Required EducationA Bachelors Degree
Additional Information:Some of the perks we offer include:
- Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement-just to name a few!
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.