Paralegal SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 860504BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 27, 2021
- Subject matter expert in marketing, including promotions, sweepstakes, and various digital platforms and has proven success as a Paralegal and subject matter expert
- Provides support to WDSMP attorneys in all aspects of legal matters from routine to highly complex, high profile, and sensitive matters in their legal specialty and devises constructive solutions
- Ability to consistently and proficiently provide sound guidance on legal matters
- Assist WDSMP attorneys with drafting, preparing, proofing, and/or summarizing legal documents and correspondence
- Review and draft sweepstakes, contest, or other promotional rules and guidelines
- Problem solving with a high degree of independent decision-making and sound judgment
- May negotiate deal points with vendors and consultants
- Ensures compliance with direction from attorneys and company policies and procedures
- May act as a point of contact for colleagues and any Disney entity or affiliate.
- May be expected to contribute/participate in department oriented initiatives beyond assigned duties.
- May interview clients for information gathering; advising clients or planning strategy
- 7 or more years of experience as a Paralegal
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience in a law firm, media or technology company strongly preferred
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with tight and hard deadlines and work through projects with minimal supervision and little direction
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise solutions and strategies
- Ability to consistently solve problems with a high degree of independent decision-making
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management including senior level executives.
- Strong operational expertise
- Proven success in judgment in a broad scope of matters
- Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload efficiently and effectively
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills
- Familiarity with marketing in entertainment and motion picture industry
- In-depth knowledge of Disney’s legal practices and business or the ability to quickly attain such knowledge
- Ability to work with little direction.
- Proficiency in providing guidance on legal matters.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.