Paralegal SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 930523BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Gather and provide the Talent Audit team with necessary legal documentation for disclosure during audit fieldwork.
- Draft, review and revise Confidentiality Agreements at all stages of the audit.
- Compile all legal documentation relevant to the claims contained within each audit report submitted by talent, including without limitation, talent agreements, license agreements and distribution agreements.
- Review above-mentioned legal documentation to assist the team in identifying potential risks and liabilities related to participation matters.
- Work closely and on a daily basis with colleagues on the Talent Audit team to determine and locate missing information that is required to analyze audit claims and strategize responses.
- Draft settlement agreements upon resolution of audit negotiations.
- Manage communication with and document production for all matters sent to outside counsel.
- Populate and manage central databases of Disney and Fox participation practices as well as recurring legal arguments relevant to Fox and Disney audit issues.
- Track the status of multiple participants across multiple audits and update the team of required next steps.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Legal Affairs or Participations in the television industry.
- Knowledge of contractual issues handled by studio business and legal affairs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all professional levels.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience in production legal or audits at/with a major television studio.
- Experience with accounting related to participations and/or residuals.
- Experience in negotiating with talent representatives (agents and lawyers) across the industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA)
- Juris Doctor Degree (JD) or Paralegal Certificate
Additional Information:#legalaffairs, #LI-GG1 and #CORP_MEDIA
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.