ParalegalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725442BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
This positions is a paralegal to assist Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (WDP) with its international Studio Theatrical related legal matters. This position requires strong capabilities in drafting contracts, obtaining clearances, communicating effectively, assisting with agreement, compliance and policy issues, and providing multi-faceted legal and administrative support.
- Drafting various promotions and marketing agreements, such as promotion tie-in agreements, creative services agreements, marketing production agreements, digital agreements, sweepstakes travel package agreements, premium vendor agreements, confidentiality agreements, and license agreements
- Clearing marketing content and reviewing terms and conditions of contests, website materials, and advertising materials
- Communicating effectively with U.S. business leads and liaise with international legal and business leads globally (US, Asia, Latin America, Europe regional offices and local markets)
- Providing administrative support such as filing, scanning documents, maintaining spreadsheets and other contract administrations tasks as needed
- Responding to legal inquiries; raise and escalate legal issues as necessary
- Ensuring compliance with direction from attorneys and company policies and procedures
- Assisting with agreement interpretation questions, and compliance and policy issues
- Performing special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested
- 3 or more years’ experience as a Paralegal
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise solutions and strategies
- Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload efficiently and effectively
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills
- Preferred knowledge of clearing promotional and marketing materials
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience in a law firm, entertainment or media company preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.