ParalegalApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10007311 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Paralegal, Legal Affairs, ABC
The ABC Network Legal Department is seeking a Paralegal to support its attorneys
- Negotiate and prepare clip licenses for ABC prime-time and late-night content, including American Idol, Shark Tank, and Jimmy Kimmel Live.
- Research and prepare development close-out agreements.
- Review contracts, conduct legal research and prepare summary analyses and reports.
- Vet promotional spots for legal issues.
- Track, maintain and update charts and databases.
- Assist with special projects.
- A minimum of one year of paralegal experience in the entertainment industry or at a law firm. Basic familiarity of content licenses, intellectual property laws, development and production agreements, and chain of title/legal rights analysis required. Experience in television business affairs or legal affairs involving distribution matters and/or digital programming preferred. Previous experience specifically related to marketing/advertising a plus.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent oral and written communication, drafting, legal issue spotting, and proofreading skills.
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to multi-task within a challenging, fast-paced and collaborative environment and exhibit flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage responsibilities and work efficiently with little oversight, adapt to changing priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required. DocuSign or similar electronic signature and other office-related software experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal certification or comparable experience.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.