Payroll Analyst - ResidualsApply NowApply Later Job ID 985255BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Residuals are guild negotiated payments that writers, actors, directors and others receive when a film, TV show or streaming product is rerun or reused in a different market. In partnership with the Residuals team, Studio Payroll processes payments and contributions for the Disney library of titles for over 200K payees with 5,000 payees added each year. In addition, the Studio Payroll team is responsible for the entire life cycle of residuals payees including the original set up, minor trust deduction compliance, beneficiary set up and payee/guild requested changes and inquiries. Process includes payments for over 200K payees with 5,000+ new payees added each year.
Residuals Analysts will work in tandem to assess pending payment types, volume, and delivery deadlines to determine the most efficient process path to meet all deliverables. For each round of pending payments, high volume and specific payment rules combined with knowledge of system limitations and functionality must be taken into account to insure payments are executed in compliance with guild requirements. In addition to processing payments, Analysts will troubleshoot payment issues and work with the Residuals team to resolve. Analysts will also work closely with guild representatives, finance partners and reporting team as the subject matter expert on all residuals activity.
- Use SME knowledge to Assess/coordinate/process residuals payments, cancels, adjustments, etc.
- Testing for SAP enhancements and OSS notes and all integrated systems when residuals process is impacted
- Payee/guild/Residuals partner inquiry research and resolution
- 3 Years with HR Administration, Payroll, accounting or related experience, preferably with a high volume employer
- Ability to channel curious mindset to discover new solutions to challenges
- Professionalism working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Demonstrated organization skills with a strong attention to detail
- Customer Service acumen and able to influence positive results with challenging situations
- Proven partnership and collaboration with internal and external partners
- SAP experience or similar ERP experience - HR module preferred
- 5 years in HR and/or Payroll customer service related positions
- Excel proficiency with high data volume
- A.A. Degree in Accounting, Business or Liberal Arts or extended industry experience in Entertainment Payment processing field.
- 4 Year degree in Accounting, Business or Liberal Arts
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.