People Research Senior UX Analyst
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 858694BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks.
As the Senior UX Research Analyst, you will manage, design, and execute UX Research studies for internal projects to create personalized digital experiences for Disney employees. You will be responsible for identifying employee needs, recommending the appropriate methodology, recruiting, gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative information, and presenting actionable findings to stakeholders. You will synthesize multiple inputs and client/user learnings into succinct, insightful and prescriptive research. Additionally, you will obtain employee feedback that impacts HR system design globally. You are a problem solver who is organized, detailed, and collaborative. This role is expected to manage projects from start to finish and present to executive level stakeholders.
You will be a key driver in helping develop a deeper understanding of the pain points, needs, and preferences of prototype solutions that may scale to full global deployment. This is an enterprise role on which business leaders from across the company depend on for insights on HR system evolution that guide our design requirements.
You must be passionate about the future of technology and thrive in an environment that includes a strong balance of independent work as well as working collaboratively within cross-functional teams. You must bring strong writing skills, a proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively – both verbally and in writing. The candidate we are seeking thrives in a multifaceted role and is an expert in managing multiple commitments and projects simultaneously.
- Support the execution of the UX research strategy for Enterprise-wide employee facing tools, including researching emerging trends and applications of new technology in the workforce of the future.
- Work with the Connected Experience team and segment leaders to define the key questions to be answered through the proof-of-concept, pilot, and large scale deployment process of potential enterprise HR systems.
- Work with the Connected Experience team members and business leaders to define the key success measurements and scorecarding/dashboard design to support the proof-of-concept, pilot, and large scale deployment process of potential enterprise HR systems.
- Distill complex concepts and learnings into easily consumable materials for leaders to support decision making that is grounded in research and relevant information.
- Ability to place information into the larger context to help educate clients on the impacts, potential risks, and potential rewards for various options.
- Elevate the stature of UX Research in decision making by providing a deep understanding of the methodology behind our work and methodological strengths and weaknesses.
- Must be proficient in the following methodologies: 1:1 usability labs, A/B testing, card sorting, surveys, diary studies, ethnographic studies, and focus groups.
- 3+ years experience in UX Research
- Strong, proven analytical, research, presenting, and writing skills
- Experience with public speaking and giving presentations to key stakeholders
- Exemplary collaboration skills and successful cross-functional work experience as well as the innate desire to work as a team to achieve goals; this must be done in balance with executing on research independently
- Academic and practical experience with a wide array of UX Research methodologies, including strong moderator skills
- Strong research and analytic skills
- Expertise with MS Office Suite
- The ability to translate complex data into a story that speaks to the opportunities and challenges
- A high degree of organization
- Exhibits excellent judgment, problem solving, and critical thinking
- Results oriented and has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Bachelor degree or related-level degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor degree or related-level degree with a focus in UX Research, statistics, or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.