Physical Assets CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 821570BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Jul. 06, 2021
Marvel Studios is seeking a motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual to assist in upholding Marvel Studios physical asset management policies and procedures as well as supporting the efficient operation of the Marvel Studios Physical Asset Management department. Reporting to the Manager, Physical Assets, the Coordinator will perform key administrative duties, coordinate asset shipping, help to manage asset tracking and cataloging, and assist with logistics for shipping and receiving of Physical assets from productions and outside events.
- Update Asset Management tracking software/database with newly acquired assets on a weekly basis
- Provide day to day support for on set asset personnel and warehouse staff
- Track outgoing loans, sales, donations and prepare all department related contracts and documents; ensuring that all props and costume loans, sales and donations are managed according to Marvel Assets policies and procedures.
- Assist with the intake, storage and organization of feature film assets with regular trips to offsite Asset Storage Warehouse(s), following proper storage procedures.
- Assist with audit of asset tracking and disposition on accounting ledger during all phases of production; pre-production through post production.
- Fulfills research queries and material requests for internal departments, as required.
- Assist in planning marketing and publicity events based off current asset availability
- Coordinate freight logistics for local and international productions as well as external marketing and publicity events
- Facilitate the purchasing of departmental and archival supplies, as needed.
- Assist with booking travel and managing itinerary schedules for department members, as required.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience coordinating the use of live action physical production assets
- High level of integrity in handling proprietary and confidential information; promotes confidence with other employees in handling sensitive data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds to help with warehouse organization and movement of boxes
- Ability to work calmly, professionally, and collaboratively, under pressure, and with a variety of personalities, including the Marvel and Disney teams, production companies and vendors
- Ability to prioritize multiple, changing projects in a dynamic, sometimes high-pressure environment.
- Self-starter, with a proactive can-do, solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to provide own reliable transportation which may include transporting small items between the Studio and warehouse
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Strong Experience and knowledge of Excel and Word necessary
- Bachelors' degree preferred
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.