Physical Assets CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 840123BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Aug. 17, 2021
WDSMPP is seeking a motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual to assist in upholding the WDSMPP physical asset management policies and procedures as well as supporting the efficient operation of the WDSMPP Physical Asset Management department. Reporting to the Director, Physical Production Asset Management, the Coordinator will perform key administrative duties, coordinate asset shipping, help to manage asset tracking and cataloging, and assist with logistics for shipping and receiving of Physical assets from productions.
- Track outgoing loans, transfers, sales, donations and prepare all department related contracts and documents; ensuring that all props and costume loans, transfers, sales and donations are managed according to PPAM policies and procedures.
- Assist with the intake, storage and organization of feature film assets with regular trips to offsite Asset Storage Warehouse(s), following proper storage procedures.
- Fulfills research queries and material requests for internal departments, as required.
- Coordinate freight logistics for local and international productions specific to asset recovery
- Assist with audit of asset tracking and disposition on accounting ledger during all phases of production; pre-production through post production.
- Test and aid with implementation of current and future Asset Management tracking software/database
- Assist with Green Steward Program on all productions. Includes coordinating meetings with Stewards as well as keeping all “green” related documents up to date to coincide with Disney Green standards and initiatives.
- Creates expense reports on behalf of department, as needed.
- Facilitate the purchasing of departmental and archival supplies, as needed.
- Assist with booking travel and managing itinerary schedules for department members, as required.
- Prepare transmittal forms for tracking promotional inventory
- Minimum one to three years’ experience coordinating the use of live action physical production assets.
- High level of integrity in handling proprietary and confidential information; promotes confidence with other employees in handling sensitive data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds to help with warehouse organization and movement of boxes
- Ability to work calmly, professionally, and collaboratively, under pressure, and with a variety of personalities, including the Disney teams, production companies and vendors
- Ability to prioritize multiple, changing projects in a dynamic, sometimes high-pressure environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel; ability to learn new software and technologies
- Proficiency with Sync On Set and Asset Hub. Familiarity w/ Airtable and SAP
- Self-starter, with a proactive can-do, solution-oriented mindset.
- Must have a valid passport, driver’s license, vehicle and be willing to travel.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.