Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Physical Production Intern, Studios - Summer/Fall 2017 (6 month)Apply Now Job ID 435497BR Location Burbank, California, United States Job Posting Company The Walt Disney Studios Job Posting Area Film Date posted 03/20/2017
|We currently have an opportunity for an intern with our Physical Production team.|
The Physical Production Department is responsible for all related research and planning for the live action feature film division in terms of scheduling, locations, stage and office facilities, finances and tax incentives, key crew hires, reporting, as well as working closely with the post production, finance and visual effects departments as needed.
- General office support & floor duties (e.g. copy, supply room and kitchen maintenance, etc.)
- Update and maintain Below the Line Contract Deals Spreadsheet
- Track Below the Line Contract Studio counter-signatures
- Post Below the Line contracts (production, post, finance and visual effects) and other relevant paperwork via online production office database
- Work as a production assistant on an in-town film, if available
- Weekly filing of show-related documents
- Archive show files and materials
- Stage Availability tracking and spreadsheet update
- Update One-sheets on floor
- Hard copy production reports & call sheets for department
- Prepare “Meeting” agenda and materials as well as prep and clean-up departmental meetings
- Research and development projects for films and department library (shooting locations, etc.)
- Answer Executive phone calls as needed
- Assist with Post Production related activities
- Assist with the set-up of Studio and production introductions
- Rotate to other related departments (as per scheduled and/or needed): Finance, Post Production, Visual Effects, Asset Management, Casting, etc.
- Other projects as assigned
- Candidates must be available to work full time (40 hours M – F) from June 2017- December 2017.
- Primary interest in a career in the field of live action production. (Producing, Basic Crafts, Visual Effects, Editorial, etc.)
- Strong computer skills as projects may require spreadsheet, database and presentation skills
- Understanding of office procedures, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Excel and Word (Filemaker Pro, Powerpoint and Final Draft would be nice)
- Prior internship at an entertainment or media related company
- Basic familiarity with production scheduling and/or department roles
- Student should be a Film & Television Production major (or minor) with either some background in Film, Television, and/or Visual Effects.
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Additional InformationProgram Eligibility
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time 6 months, June 2017- January 2017.
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA