Planning Coordinator (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765289BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 18, 2020
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The Walt Disney Studios is looking for a Planning Coordinator to provide support to the Studio Operations Planning team on the launch of Star on the Disney+ app.
- Enter and track daily critical milestones for the launch of Star on the Disney+ app
- Enter and track daily critical milestones for the launch of the Disney+ app in new markets
- Update Studio Ops and Global Content Ops teams project milestones and any timeline issues
- Initiate escalation protocols for at risk content orders
- Track exception queue management for content orders that will be managed off-plan
- Collaborate with Content Plan Modelling team to identify opportunities and define requirements for automating milestone analysis, content forecasting and reporting
- Conduct weekly and ad hoc forecasting and reporting
- Provide project administrative support as needed
- At least 1 year of experience in project planning; using Microsoft Project, Smartsheets or other similar planning tools.
- Great communication skills; able to work with a lot of different people in different teams.
- Excel at scenario planning and problem solving; past experience helping teams with risk management.
- Organizational skills; ability to juggle multiple titles and deadlines at one time.
- Detail-oriented; above-average data management and written communication skills.
- Highly adaptable to change; nimble in accommodating new plans and processes.
- Familiarity with G-Suite applications
- Critical thinker with an eye for process improvement; makes suggestions for improvement and knows how to implement them.
- Gifted at understanding the priorities of complex business decisions; knows when and how to escalate problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.