(Post MBA) Associate, Brand Strategy & AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10015486 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Enterprise Brand Strategy & Analytics team within the Brand Management Department leads efforts to help maximize the potential of our brands and franchises globally. The team provides both thought leadership and insights and analytics on consumer sentiment, needs and behaviors in entertainment across the world.
We work with our business units around the world to identity growth opportunities and challenges, formulate strategies to pursue identified opportunities, and articulate and measure the brand and franchise strength. We also support efforts to tell stories and provide experiences that reflect the diverse world around us.
Support the Enterprise Brand Strategy team in key ongoing company priorities by developing strategic insights and actionability for the business based on brand and franchise strategy. Support the delivery of flagship market research studies and ad hoc projects that help to measure the strength of our brands and provide prioritization and direction in support of or helping to identify company priorities. This work will be both strategic and quantitative in nature, with emphasis on developing actionable recommendations that can be tracked
Our team is comprised of strategists who deploy a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods across all of our projects. A few examples:
- Provide thought leadership on growing and managing strong brands and franchises, increasing market share with specific consumer segments, measuring fanship, and managing corporate reputation
- Lead global consumer insights flagship studies: Consumer Spend Study, Brand Equity Study and Character Strength Research
- Support content creators with insights to inform reimagining of existing franchises and development of new franchises
- Develop brand and franchise growth strategies for specific markets and consumer segments
- Size potential for new business opportunities
- Support Sr Leadership on priority brand management and growth initiatives
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Lead workstreams within larger projects or lead smaller projects
- Engage in ad hoc projects or inquiries (such as brand strength trajectory in a given market): leading analysis, developing stories through data and leading pillars within the projects (if not sometimes the projects themselves)
- Conduct complex enterprise-wide analysis (including advanced statistics analytics, and key performance indicator modeling) that identify opportunities/issues to make actionable recommendations
- Provide strategy support on projects such as developing hypotheses, developing and measuring success criteria
- Develop strategy and story-driven business decks based on data and insights
- Present findings and work with partners across the enterprise to answer important business questions
- Develop analysis, strategy and story for flagship insights studies including responsibility for specific ad hoc business unit follow-up and requests
- Lead workstreams that support delivery of Brand Growth Plans for specific international markets and track performance
- Engage in thought leadership projects such as articulating the preschool opportunity and actions
- Develop ad hoc complex analysis around core business questions such as: What products drive the Disney brand? Who are TWDC fans? What is the size of the preschool entertainment market?
- Articulate strength of various TWDC IP, including what elements are problematic or lack inclusivity
- 4 or more years experience in a strategy, statistics, finance, management consulting or market research (with an emphasis on quant)
BA/BS MBA or equivalent (degree or work experience)
- Industry-relevant experience, as defined by one or more of the following:
- Strategic or Management Consulting at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Strategy and Business Development within a media, technology or consumer packaged goods company
- Brand management or marketing in consumer focused company (not B2B)
- Franchise management
- Finance (Investment banking, CFPA, etc.)
- Market research (agency or client side)
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to draw business insights from data and interpret real world application
- Excellent project management skills and ability to execute quality work with tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Solid verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in database analysis (SPSS, Excel)
- Proficient in slide creation (PowerPoint/Keynote)
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Maturity and enthusiasm
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.