Post Operations Operator - Walt Disney Animation StudiosApply NowApply Later Job ID 994524BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jun. 06, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Post Operations Operator will work with a wide range of systems and technologies supporting Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) productions. This position reports to the Director of Post Production.
- Operates all the WDAS transfer room and theater equipment and technology, including but not limited to: editing stations, transcoding machines (Clipster, Colorfront Transkoder, BM DaVinci Resolve), local and cloud storage (Avid NEXIS, NAS), video and audio patching, KDM generator (Cinecert Hanalei), DCP player (Dolby), and online review solutions (PIX, MOXION, …)
- Utilize waveform monitors, vectorscopes, audio metering applications, non-linear edit systems, and asset management systems
- Provide first-class technical support services
- Assist with daily operational duties, ad hoc projects, helping customers in need, monitoring, etc.
- Provide coordination and expertise in the preparation of prestige presentations
- Works alongside other transfer room Operators; shares duties and responsibilities of all incoming tasks, including for the theater
- Proven basic knowledge of the following:
- Editing techniques on non-linear systems
- Digital Cinema Servers and devices, including playback and recording
- Creation of DCPs and KDMs
- Remote review services like PIX, MOXION, and Evercast…
- Video mastering tools like Clipster, BlackMagic Resolve, or Transkoder
- Video, audio codecs. Understanding of color science (including HDR) and transcoding parameters
- Interoperable Master Format (IMF)
- File transfer systems: Aspera, Signiant, Box
- Hardware: Mac and PC, Production Routers, Video I/O, Waveform Monitors & Vector Scopes, Broadcast Monitors, Audio Phase Meters and Monitors
- Working knowledge and fundamentals of film, video, audio production, post-production, and presentation environment
- Basic understanding of animation or live-action workflow
- Self-starter and experience with managing tasks efficiently
- Must be able to work under stress and remain calm and professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- BA Degree in Communications, Film Studies, or other Production related Major or career experience.
This position is covered by the IATSE – Local 700. If not currently a member, you will be required to join the Motion Picture Editors Union after the first 30 days of employment.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.