Choose a Language
Post Production Assistant
Burbank, California, United States
At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
Administrative Assistant to Post-Production Executives in the original production department servicing Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior. Assists with the flow of high volume information and material in and out of the department, coordinates meetings, keeps calendars, answers phones, and prepares and tracks post production company paperwork, charts and schedules. Stays current on production and post-production status as well as industry updates.
- Establish and maintain effective administrative systems.
- Answer telephones and ensure that messages are delivered in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and maintain Executive calendars, schedule meetings and reserve conference rooms.
- Prepare expense reports, familiarizing self with internal SAP system, track payments and reconcile credit card bills.
- Travel arrangements for staff.
- Create and maintain accurate distribution lists for post production paperwork; prepare and distribute post production calendars, staff and vendor lists
- Support post-production with distribution of materials, note tracking and delivery schedule updates and distribution
- Maintain and distribute Post Production Company Handbook
- Assist with the flow of delivery material and information, including but not limited to post production delivery material, asset tagging and distribution, paperwork etc.
- Work with various post production departments on shows to ensure accuracy and timely updates for meetings, deadlines and schedules.
- Data entry and maintenance of shared drive databases, guiding post production staff in proper use and timely updates.
- Develop familiarity with all projects in development and production, including anticipated schedules and the names of all people involved in each project.
- Provide backup to other department assistants, sharing responsibility for floor duties such as kitchen maintenance and ordering office supplies.
- Adheres to all Company policies and guidelines, including but not limited to all Financial and Audit requirements (competitive bidding, conflicts of interest, I9 and Immigration, etc), Harassment, Confidentiality, Standards of Business Conduct, Minor Employment and Safety.
Basic QualificationsTechnical Skills
Job Related Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Resourceful operation of the Internet, reference materials, and the studio system database as research sources.
- Some knowledge of database and calendar programs
- Minimum of 1 year film/television production, post-production or related industry experience.
- Minimum of 1 year prior administrative assistant experience
- Strong written and verbal skills, excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Direct and purposeful in all verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Receptive to and approachable by others in any situation.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Exhibits versatility and flexibility.
- Team Player
- 2 years of administrative assistant preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses.
- Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity