Already applied?View Dashboard
Marketing & Social Manager, Franchise (7 month Project Hire)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 713259BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 24, 2019
Support creation and guide implementation of global cross-company initiatives for the priority, cross-LOB evergreen franchises, Disney Princess and Frozen:
- Content and Marketing: Support the creation and implementation of marketing initiatives including creating marketing objectives, developing briefs for creative agencies, identifying creative concepts, scoping and tracking marketing budgets, developing business cases, ensuring the creative agency executes and delivers on the briefs, and measuring campaign impact
- Stewardship: Support franchise stewardship efforts by creating guidelines and reviewing products/marketing materials as needed
Responsibilities:Content and Marketing: Support the development and implementation of global franchise marketing campaigns, content plans, and digital/social media plans
- Provide project management and oversight for marketing campaigns and content initiatives (specifically Influencer, YouTube and Pro-Social programs), including managing creative agencies and XLOB involvement
- Assist in the development of creative concepts related to marketing campaigns
- Support the development of a social and paid media strategy related to marketing campaigns
- Conduct ROI analysis related to marketing campaigns and, determine appropriate marketing budgets in light of ROI requirements
- Support post mortem analysis on effectiveness of marketing campaigns against long-term strategy and marketing objectives
Strategy: Support the development and implementation of FY22 global strategic plans for each franchise that include identification of priority consumer targets, long-term franchise vision/positioning, growth and content opportunities, and merchandise opportunities
- Conduct analysis to inform growth targets and strategies to achieve them (e.g., consumer insights, competitive analysis, product mix, consumer segment penetration, investment/revenue scenarios, etc.)
- Support the creation of presentations and other communications to disseminate franchise strategies and secure alignment
- Provide LOBs and regions with any analysis needed to translate high-level strategies into tactical plans
Communications and Coordination: Help communicate with global and XLOB stakeholders across all franchise projects
- Gather information on consumer insights, strategies and global marketing activations; ensure sharing across regions/segments
- Review quarterly revenue forecasts and communicate with XLOB segments to understand material changes
- Review and provide input on global research and consumer insights, and assist regions in identifying opportunities for growth
- Maintain an up-to-date XLOB content calendar for each Franchise
- 5-7 years’ experience in business strategy, consumer marketing, or other fields that require a combination of strategic thinking, analytics, consumer insights, marketing campaigns, product development, and strong creative vision
- Experience with project management, including developing and managing budgets, especially with regards to Influencer campaigns and social media marketing
- Experience in consumer marketing strategy and implementation
- Target definition and customer segmentation strategies
- Positioning and brand development strategies
- Product definition/development
- Business case development
- Analytics in support of strategy development (e.g., market sizing, customer insights, P&L analysis, etc.)
- Marketing campaign execution
- Experience working with financials and analytics
- Strong Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Docs and Excel
- College, MBA Preferred
Additional Information:This position is a 7 month Project Hire.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.