Principal Business Analyst
Burbank, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765073BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 01, 2020
Job Summary:The DTCI Ad Platforms Technology Partnerships Team is a critical function that ensures the DTCI ad platform business can develop the systems, tools, and products necessary to extend and accelerate Disney’s Advertising leadership position, drive transformation in the advertising industry, and monetize premium content across the entire Disney portfolio. The team is responsible for identifying and developing strategic partnerships, advertising technology vendors and advertising ecosystem integrations that are necessary to develop and operate a market leading advertising technology platform at global scale.
The Principal Business Analyst will be responsible for conducting complex analyses to inform key business decisions, identify opportunities and develop recommendations to inform our advertising technology strategy.
You will support key strategic projects from inception to delivery by interpreting Product Strategy and Partnership short- and long-term business objectives, defining problem statements, creating hypotheses, structuring analysis, collecting data and communicating findings directly to the DTCI Ad Platforms leadership team. You will have the opportunity to shape the organization's short and long-term growth strategy by identifying and evaluating new segments and markets, including assessments of market forces.
In this role you will be blending quantitative output with a strong subjective filter to create actionable insights and recommendations that have impact across existing and new advertising technology partnerships.
The primary stakeholders for these insights will be the Advertising Technology Partnerships, Advertising Product and Platform Operations teams.
This is an influential new role in the fast-growing department of an exciting new organization. The ideal candidate for this role will provide organizational thought leadership with regard to analytical process and modelling, will be comfortable working autonomously on highly complex solutions to short and long term business objectives, and will have a track record of developing methods and analytical frameworks for his/her own assignments. High levels of expertise in information gathering, documenting requirements, process modeling and mapping is required.
- Gather information from internal and external sources to create market, segment and vendor level reports and presentations suitable for business leads and collaborators to make informed decisions which will enable DTCI Advertising Platforms to deliver against our business objectives
- Execute detailed financial models and other analyses to evaluate the business impact and value derived from all existing DTCI advertising technology partnerships. Define and validate KPI’s and underlying metrics to assess performance of existing technology partnerships and software licenses
- Manage monthly/weekly/quarterly KPI reporting and variance analysis
- Provide business insights to uncover partner growth levers and identify, evaluate and size opportunities to improve performance of technology partnerships, as measured by the value those partnerships bring to the business
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for entertainment, TV and technology
- 10+ years of work experience in a leading investment bank, management consulting firm or similar position within an entertainment or technology company
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and quantitative skills, including financial modelling abilities
- Proven track record in functioning independently on complex projects
- Experience and/or interest in the media, digital and / or tech industries
- Expert analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities
- Shown success in delivering results in a cross-functional team setting
- Strong work ethic and a highly detail-focused mindset
- Bachelor’s Degree from a nationally accredited college or university (MBA a plus)
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.