Principal Business Architect (SAP BRIM Implementation)
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774014BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 16, 2021
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The Finance Business Technology group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We lead with a Business Architecture framework and own the finance domain technology roadmap.
Responsibilities:Within EBS this role will be part of the group that provides business partnering to the Global Finance community.
This role will focus on projects within the Order to Cash value chain, specifically those related capabilities delivered by SAP BRIM. In this context the role will work alongside another Principal Business Architect who has overall responsibility for the Order to Cash value chain (as well as Close) within which SAP BRIM provides capabilities.
The Principal Business Architect will:
- Be the main liaison with partner(s) and senior business stakeholders for the allocated value chain capabilities, working with them to agree strategic direction
- Define capability roadmaps and strategies to support the delivery of the value chains’ strategies
- Develop business case documentation and support to futher project authorization processes and deliverables
- Propose, define and deliver projects that enable the capability roadmap and strategies, in support of the aims of the value chains
- Do all of the above in the context of EBS’s emerging Business Architecture framework, whilst helping to develop and refine the framework with other members of the department
- Provide input to the group’s 5YP, AOP and periodic forecasts
- Elicit and document business capabilities, outcomes, and technology enabled requirements.
- Create project authorization deliverables including business case development, solution design, and financial proforma.
- Develop technical specifications necessary to allow technical solution partners to implement a solution that satisfies the requirements and delivers the intended outcomes.
- Test strategy definition and development, oversight of scripts development and quality assurance.
- Participate in change management as required to allow initiatives to succeed
- Demonstrate a deep appreciation of new/emerging technology, and how it could be used to deliver business outcomes.
- Demonstrated success in pursuing continuous improvement, always challenging the status quo
- Proven expertise in the domain of high volume, subscriber order to cash
- Specific expertise in the implementation of SAP BRIM within such domains
- A strong business orientation combined with strong IT technical skills.
- Previous experience in managing both direct and indirect teams.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven delivery application portfolios inclusive of XaaS technologies and on-prem sol
- Proven ability to manage a project budget
- Proven ability to participate in departmental financial processes such as five-year planning, annual operating plan and forecasts
- Preferred experience with the applications involved in the assigned value chains
- Preferred experience with automation technologies; Work Fusion and other RPA/ML technologies.
- Preferred experience with leveraging an Enterprise Data Hub technology for system to system or platform to platform integrations.
- Wide experience with a variety of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies across waterfall and agile
- Deep understanding of Business Architecture principles
- Exemplary communications skills
- Current understanding of new/emerging technology and its application in business
- Demonstrable deep experience of the Value Chains relevant to the post, including defining strategies and delivering large projects that enabled them
- Experience with RFP, RFI and vendor negotiations.
- Exemplary communications skills and ability to use story telling and artifacts.
A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, managing teams through
influence and direct line management.
Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology executives within
TWDC, from EVP downwards.
Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups
and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced. Comfortable leading without necessarily having the overt authority to do so.
A person that can decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
With a proven track record of execution, the candidate must be able to deliver the capability roadmap for their owned Value Chain(s) by defining a clear vision of desired outcomes tied to business needs.
Deep domain and technical expertise will be essential, as will be accomplished leadership in a matrixed environment of internal and external partners, and suppliers.
A “working IT manager” who gets into the details and is experienced in managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives and cross functional teams.
Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders, architects and developers--this is a hands-on position with regards to people and detail.
Ability to identify and marshal resources (people, funding, support) to get projects initiated and completed.
Ability to lead a significant transformation in the business technology platforms.
Practical knowledge and applied experience related to Business Architecture principles.
Extensive knowledge of the enterprise technology landscape and ability to leverage that knowledge in delivering business outcomes with speed.
A practitioner of the Solutions Architecture principles and can effectively proceed through review boards and other SA activities.
- 10 years in a business partnering role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- Demonstrable deep experience of Order to Cash in a high volume subscriber environment, including defining strategies and delivering large projects that enabled them
- Experience with SAP BRIM, Convergent Mediation
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.