Principal Counsel - DistributionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712944BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 23, 2019
The Corporate Legal – Distribution group is responsible for negotiating the distribution of feature films from the Walt Disney Studios (including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Twentieth Century Fox) and Media Networks content (including ABC Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Channel/Disney Jr./XD, Freeform, and FX), including distribution through home video, cable/satellite/IPTV, and online and mobile (including direct-to-consumer) platforms, and advising business executives on related legal and policy matters. Its primary function is to serve as the legal hub for all physical home video, electronic home video (“EHV”), transactional video-on-demand (“TVOD”), subscription video-on-demand (“SVOD”), and linear television agreements with The Walt Disney Company’s global licensees.
The Corporate Legal – Distribution group is seeking an experienced attorney as a Principal Counsel to handle content licensing transactions and counseling matters for The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries and its affiliates worldwide.
- First, the successful candidate will have direct responsibility as a legal point person for the North American digital distribution team in drafting, negotiating and closing EHV, TVOD, and other licensing and distribution agreements for the U.S. and/or Canada. As part of that work, this position will serve as the primary legal point-person with respect to a number of Disney’s licensees.
- Second, the attorney will also handle coordination with certain of Disney’s international regional lawyers and business teams in order to maintain alignment and consistency in the company’s various content distribution agreements. The position will serve as a strategic advisor and counselor with respect to coordination of these international businesses and agreements.
- In performing the foregoing duties, this position interfaces with high-level business and legal executives throughout The Walt Disney Company, both domestically and globally.
- Minimum 10 years of legal experience
- Significant transactional legal experience in the entertainment/media industry
- Law degree from an accredited law school
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.