Principal CounselApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735740BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 13, 2020
This exciting opportunity offers responsibility to work on significant and important transactions for The Walt Disney Company, and to work with senior level corporate officers within the Company. We have a proven track record of accomplishing some of the most exciting cutting edge transactions. Become a part of the Magic of The Walt Disney Company!
- Structure and negotiate transaction terms, working in close collaboration with the Company’s corporate strategy, tax, and finance groups, and other business stakeholders
- Supervise and conduct due diligence data rooms and reviews
- Negotiate and draft various complex definitive agreements, public reporting materials, and regulatory filings
- Provide legal advice regarding all transaction-related issues
- 8+ years’ experience managing complex corporate mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance
- Experience at a large multi-national law firm with an internationally recognized corporate practice
- Strong project management skills
- Immediate ability to lead large, complex transactions with knowledge of full due diligence
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team-oriented environment
- Understands legal responsibility and holds to the highest degree of honesty, integrity, and respect
- Strong drafting, writing, and computer skills, together with solid business and financial acumen
- Proven track record as a skilled negotiator and deal-closer with the ability to identify and allocate risk and assess financial trade-offs
- Organized and detailed and exhibits good judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons of all levels
- Strong time management in order to execute against high-priority projects
Required EducationJuris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and a licensed attorney
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.