Principal Network Architect - Studios
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 863933BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Job Summary:At The Walt Disney Studios, you will be part of a group of Architects that define new technological standards in the film industry and push the boundaries of innovation to address infrastructure and production challenges around the world. You will be joining a high-performing team of dedicated technologists solving a wide range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment. Due to the nature of supporting a fast-paced studios environment and global productions, you must be available to work after hours, weekends, and some holidays as well as providing L3 on-call support on a rotation basis.
- Design network topologies, architectures, and services that solve complex business requirements
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to automate various processes and provide thought partnership in capacity planning and implementations
- Lead team members to deploy, implement and operate infrastructure globally to support the movie production and distribution process
- Work with vendors to influence product road maps
- Generate quality documentation for Network Design Specifications, Hight Level Designs,
- Capacity Creation, Engineering Change Orders, Methods Of Procedures, etc. Exercise consistent rigor in maintaining documentation
- Define Entry Lab Criteria and accurately document any findings and recommendations from Proof of Concepts (POCs) based on real data
- Liaison between critical production engineering groups
- Serve as a Tier 3 support for Jr. Engineers, Systems, Media, Storage, and Cloud Operations Engineers
- Interface with other Disney entities and their networks to support cross-segment workflows, file transport, and other sharing of media assets, devices, and infrastructure
- Very seasoned experience creating architectures, roadmaps, managing an ISP or a Major Enterprise network in a 7x24x365 environment with a solid track record of implementing large-scale and mission-critical networks
- Experience implementing scalable, highly available, and secure VPN environments
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment i.e Juniper, Arista, Cisco, Brocade, Aruba, Palo Alto, F5, Infinera, Ciena
- Experience with large network integration with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
- Experience implementing large scale monitoring and alerting systems Network theory and services (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, 7 layers of OSI, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience with MPLS, IS-IS, BGP, OSPF, RSVP-TE, LDP, VPLS, MPLS L3VPNs, EVPNs, VxLAN
- Working knowledge of CWDM, DWDM, and optical networking technologies
- Hands-on experience with security infrastructures and services such as 802.1X, NAC, cryptography, IPSEC, deep-inspection firewalls, intrusion and threat protection platforms, AAA, RADIUS, DNS, NTP, monitoring, and logging Networked Storage technologies (NAS, SAN, Clustered, Tape) I/O technologies (Fiber Channel, InfiniBand, SCSI, SATA, SAS) Local and Networked File Systems (NFS, SMB, DFS, NTFS) Video streaming theory, standards and concepts
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of Network Security principles and best practices
- Strong infrastructure automation experience (Ansible, Python, Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Experience with Clos Fabrics and overlays
- Experience with NFV, Intent-Based Networks, API-driven infrastructure, OpenShift and
- Elastic Kubernetes Service 3rd party interfacing and network-to-network connectivity experience (peering)
- Experience in Media Production environments or Postproduction Houses
- Data Science experience
- JNCIE-DC, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-SP, JNCIS-MistAI, ACE-A, PCNSE, PCSAE,
- CCIE, CCAr, BIG-IP, DDI Professional) Professional and expert level industry Cloud Certifications (Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Solutions, Microsoft Azure Architect Design, AWS Advanced Networking, AWS Security, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS Solutions Architect)
Required EducationBachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Preferred EducationMaster of Computer Science, Telecommunications, Information Technology or Network Engineering
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.