Principal Solution Architect
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 752387BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 06, 2020
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The HCM (Human Capital Management) & Corporate Functions Business Technology group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We lead with a Business Architecture framework and own the core HCM, Legal, Tax, Real Estate, Brand Management, Supply Chain Logistics and Compliance functions domain technology roadmap.
Responsibilities:The Principal Architect, Treasury and Tax is a technologist with strong relationship skills and ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally to create and drive technology-enabled solutions for the Cash & Risk Management, Tax, Real Estate, Legal, Security and Consumer Payments.
The Principal Domain Architect will:
- Use Solution Architect principals to design highly effective solutions to satisfy business outcomes and requirements
- Ensures a flexible architecture that leverages solutions that are intelligently integrated to support enterprise data and analytical capabilities which enable transparency and the business decision making processes
- Architects and delivers automation and self-service capabilities to enable business and technical productivity and speed
- Ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, secure, scalable, future proofed and cost-effective
- Design and document architecture at multiple levels (high level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
- Collaborate closely with other architects and peers across the organization to leverage knowledge, other solutions, and best practice
- Perform third-party vendor assessments
- Lead proof of concept exercises
- Keep up to date with industry and market place evolution; continuously keeping abreast of new developments in technology relevant to the functional domains supported
Basic Qualifications:Leadership Skills:
- A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, managing teams through influence and direct line management
- Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology executives within
- TWDC, from EVP downwards
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups
- and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced. Comfortable leading without necessarily having the overt authority to do so
- A person that can decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty
- With a proven track record of execution, the candidate must be able to deliver the technical solutions for the business functions supported by defining a clear vision of desired outcomes tied to business needs
- Deep technical and significant business domain expertise will be essential, as will be accomplished leadership in a matrixed environment of internal and external partners, and suppliers
- An architect who gets into the details and is experienced in managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives
- Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders, other architects and developers
- Ability to lead a significant transformation in the business technology platforms
- Practical knowledge related to Business Architecture principles
- Extensive knowledge of the enterprise technology landscape and ability to leverage that knowledge in delivering business outcomes with speed
- A de facto expert in the discipline of Solution Architecture who can effectively lead review boards and other SA activities
- Extensive experience as a Solution Architect is essential
- A strong business orientation combined with strong IT technical skills
- Previous experience in managing both direct and indirect teams
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, and sub-contractor relationships
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment
- Proven ability to solution across a networked team to design systems and achieve business outcomes
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities
- Proven delivery application portfolios inclusive of XaaS technologies and on-prem solutions
- Deep experience with the applications involved in global Cash Management, Lease Accounting, Facilities Management, Legal, Security and Consumer Payments
- Preferred experience with automation technologies; Work Fusion and other RPA/ML technologies
- Preferred experience with leveraging an Enterprise Data Hub technology for system to system or platform to platform integrations
- Wide experience with a variety of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies across waterfall and agile
- Exemplary communications skills
- Thought leader in new/emerging technology and its application in business
- 10 years in an architect role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- Demonstrable deep experience of these corporate domains
- Experience with working with (a majority of) our portfolio of applications
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.