Producer, ImmersiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 974933BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
To be successful, the Producer must be innovative, a quick learner, curious, and have a good understanding of the key technologies that will drive and advance the ideation, production, management and delivery of Disney content and experiences. The Producer must have solid communication abilities and work well in complex cross-functional teams. An ability to be flexible and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to meet the needs of our business are critical to success.
- Drive the planning and execution of high-complexity creative technology initiatives to deliver new immersive XR experiences for the Disney Studios Content.
- Launch new XR experiences across a robust slate, working with technical management, studio creative, marketing and legal to fulfill the go-to-market strategy.
- Oversee the scope, schedule, and budget for multiple simultaneous digital content development projects of varying size and complexity.
- Collaborate with Creative & Technical Leads to prioritize scope and delivery options without compromising the integrity of the creative vision.
- Manage technical and creative project resources within budget and within schedule.
- Identify and design best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to the experiences production pipeline, implementation, and maintenance.
- Act as experiences product manager to define and align XR Product Roadmaps, clearly communicating the connection between vision, strategy, objectives, and roadmap
- Create and maintain product requirements, project scope, schedule, budget, staffing plans and product/project roadmaps
- Build, lead and motivate diverse teams that include creatives, various types of technologists, vendors, operations, logistics, and shared services
- Manage budgets, contracts, purchasing, invoicing and finances across projects
- Plan and execute internal and external play tests
- Confidential asset management experience between internal and external groups
- Drive communication across team members, project leads, executives, and project stake holders, creating and delivering information in different methods including verbal, written and visual
- Source, identify, and manage external vendors across multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years of creative-technology production / product management experience in Interactive, AR/VR/XR, and/or Video Game industries
- Experience developing and launching apps for public release (e.g. iOS)
- Experience building technically complex AR/VR experiences
- Experience leading an external interactive software development team or working with external vendors
- Has a passion for technology and delivering new tools, platforms and experiences
- Solid industry knowledge on emerging technologies and/or trends in technology for the Media and Entertainment sector
- Outstanding written and verbal skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid industry knowledge on emerging project management practices and tools
- Ability to work independently, support several projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively while demonstrating strong problem-solving skills and seeking guidance as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.