Already applied?View Dashboard
ProducerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 644755BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 17, 2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Seeking bold, creative thinkers who function independently while acting in the best interests of the group, The Hive team develops creative marketing assets in support of our Global Theatrical, Creative Content and Disney+ campaigns. The Hive, part of the Theatrical Marketing department collaborates with creative partners across the Studio and The Walt Disney Company.
Reporting to the VP, Creative Director of The Hive, this role is responsible for the creation and management of Disney+ marketing materials and workflow. This includes supporting Creative AV, Creative Content and collaboration with other Studio partners.
- Oversee Disney+ editors and collaborate with creative staff regarding day to day workflow at The Hive.
- Responsible for Producing Trailers, TV spots, and Content (including featurettes and corporate reels) for Disney+ titles.
- Partner with The Hive Theatrical Producers/Creative Director to ensure workflow is managed for stakeholders.
- Act as a creative voice, writer and producer in the creation of marketing materials for Disney+ releases, as well as corporate reels and other content.
- Ability to function and excel creatively in a team environment.
- Partner with Studio Marketing Creative Executives and Disney+ leads, to manage development of creative marketing assets.
- Write and develop concepts and proposals for executives.
- Proactively identify resource planning needs, including appropriate lead time, paperwork requirements and other on-boarding needs.
- Assist in overseeing graphics and music dept. as well as any freelance personnel that may be brought on to assist in creation of materials.
- Collaborate with VP in the tracking of budget, including overtime approvals, and overall division output of work in order to maintain a cost savings division. Work with Finance/Creative Director to develop budgets as needed.
- Studio, production company or entertainment marketing experience preferred (minimum 2-3 years)
- Ability to articulate and communicate when interfacing with executives.
- Diligent tracking of content distribution to ensure anti-piracy policies are met.
- Ability to collaborate with members of multiple divisions in marketing.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects – knowledge of programs to facilitate organization (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, Google Documents, Keynote, Power Point, Mac and PC experience)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding and time sensitive environment
- Ability to manage a high volume of details with excellent accuracy
- Able to work on several deadlines
- Knowledge of post-production process preferred.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.