Product & Engineering Manager (Legal and Global Security Systems)
Burbank, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 848597BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 07, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from streaming, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We lead with a Business Architecture framework and own Legal and Global Security (Physical) functions domain technology roadmap.
Responsibilities:The Product and Engineering, Manager is a strong technology leadership role, responsible for managing a product line and set of services for the Corporate Legal and Global Security domain delivering technology solutions by leading projects and teams.
Specifically this role will be responsible for the technology product line for:
- Global Security
- Social Responsibility
- Brand Manager
- Leads the delivery of high-quality, scalable and cost-effective technology solutions that meet global business requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies
- Owner of a set of services: creates and manages product roadmaps, helps set and lead technology strategy
- Actively manages third-party suppliers of products to ensure they deliver to their commitments, and to the needs of the business
- Collaborates closely with partners across the organization including Corporate Legal and Global Security business partners, architects and other delivery managers
- Builds strong relationships with and manages large and diverse groups of stakeholders at multiple levels, from end users to executives, across the enterprise
- Builds and manages high-performance and highly-motivated teams and responsible for security and compliance
- Proven experience in leading technology teams to delivery of enterprise software solutions
- Expertise with Agile methodologies and delivering solutions through sprint planning
- Thought leader in new/emerging technology and its application in business
- Experience leading matrixed project teams including architects, developers, operations, PMs, business analysts, and vendor partners
- Experience managing technical project budget and financials
- Strong experience with vendor management and building strong, collaborative vendor relationships
- 10+ years experience with technologies with 5+ technical managerial experience
- Experience defining systems strategy: designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations
- Experience with Information Security and Compliance
- Deep experience of managing third party suppliers
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, and sub-contractor relationships
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities
- Proven delivery application portfolios inclusive of XaaS technologies and on-prem solutions
- Preferred experience with automation technologies
- Strong technology background and applicable technology skills
- Solid understanding of integration architecture (data exchange)
- 5 years as a technical manager role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- Extensive practical experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication and executive presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with and manage project stakeholders across multiple levels across the enterprise
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Strong consensus-building ability and negotiating skills
- Ability to make difficult decisions balancing business requirements, project timelines and budgets, and product and technology roadmaps and architectural designs
- Embraces innovation by constantly seeking new or contrary ideas and approaches to what has been done in the past. Thinks big and broad, without being constrained by existing norms or business models.
- Creates “constructive discomfort” — encouraging performance beyond what others believe they are capable of realizing
- Ability to challenges teams and self to deliver the very best in everything they do
- Celebrates team’s successes and learns from failures
- Chooses optimism and calls out cynicism and unproductive behavior
- Demonstrates stamina, resilience and perseverance under trying circumstances
- Not afraid to take risks
- Service mindset with ability to find “win-win” solutions, but not afraid to say “no” when necessary
- Ability to decide and act without having the total picture and comfortable handling risk and uncertainty
- Ability to identify and marshal resources (people, funding, and support) to get projects initiated and completed
- Self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, managing teams through influence and direct line management
- Curiosity and drive to continuously learn and stay current with new technologies
- Metrics and data-driven
- Drives continuous improvement in teams, services and processes
- Ability to build teams, strong recruiting skills
- Able to manage third parties to delivery
- Business Architecture framework expertise (such as the BizBok)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Workday certifications
- Formal Business Architecture qualifications
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.