Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 714245BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 23/10/2019
Job Summary:Movies Anywhere is looking for a Product Designer to create new features and improve existing ones across native mobile, web and 10-foot (TV) platforms. This role will be instrumental in helping us conceive, define and execute the UX and pixel-perfect visual design of our features and products. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in the entire lifecycle-- from initial ideas all the way through to production. You will collaborate closely with other Product Designers, Product Development, Marketing and Engineering to create the best possible experience for our users.
- Take a key role in defining the user experience for a complex native mobile, web, and 10-foot product
- Partner collaboratively with stakeholders across the organization to deliver end-to-end product design (ideation > UX > visual design > prototyping > testing > production)
- Design iteratively. Capture feedback from stakeholders and revise designs accordingly
- Clearly articulate design decisions in individual and group settings
- Research existing and comparable designs and make recommendations based on analyses
- Understand what our users are doing and why through collaboration with our research and analytics teams
- Focus on the big strategic picture while working in the trenches to get the work done
- Contribute to style guides and standards manuals as required
- Produce final production assets
- 3 years+ of experience designing functional interfaces for native mobile, web and 10-foot preferred.
- A portfolio featuring a range of challenging projects; from product strategy and high-level UX concepts through to visual design. Your portfolio should include strong examples of UX and visual design work for native mobile, web and 10-foot.
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Solid knowledge of the digital design process and how it aligns with technology, product, and marketing goals
- Ability to work within an iterative design process that includes acting quickly on feedback and constructive criticism
- Proven experience rendering product designs based on high-level product strategy and vision
- Self-learning, self-organizing and self-motivating. Not knowing an answer doesn’t slow you down.
- Solid understanding of native mobile, web and 10-foot technologies. Experience in mobile app design (iOS and Android) is required.
- Knowledge of information architecture, wireframing and prototyping
- Solid presentation skills
- Experience and examples creating complex consumer-facing mobile applications, websites, or software applications. Comfortable working through high-level visual strategies.
- Superior typography and design sensibilities
- Obsessive attention to detail at the pixel level
- Thorough understanding of brand identity principles and ability to apply brand consistency across multiple platforms
- Experience with Sketch required
- Motion graphics / After Effects experience
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Invision, Principle, Atomic & Framer
- Front-end coding (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Illustration skills
- Bachelor's degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.