Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Product Management & Distribution Intern – Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 737085BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 11, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
The Product Management & Distribution intern will work closely with the Manager and Director to take a holistic lifecycle planning approach to physical and digital products (e.g. Blu-ray / iTunes / On-Demand). The intern will work across brand lines and get exposure to day-to-day global product management responsibilities. Key areas of emphasis will include: global product strategies, franchise planning, understanding target research/consumer segmentation, retail execution and competitive analysis.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
- Assist in creation of product brief and business plan including financial and consumer research analysis
- With the Director and Product manager, develop and execute retail plans including management of account-exclusive products
- Develop and maintain franchise snapshot calendars that track key initiatives
- Create PowerPoint/Keynote decks and other key documents for internal stakeholders, filmmakers, trade and Sales
- Monitor and facilitate approval process for release dates and product components in DRMA system
- Monitor industry research and trends, and apply creative problem-solving to make go-forward business recommendations
- Maintain team scorecards and tracking documents
Basic Qualifications:What We Are Looking For…
- Strong Analytical and project management skills
- High level strategic thinking and good communication skills (written and presentation)
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
- Uses intuition and knowledge to complement data; thinks strategically
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards
- Multi-tasks by switching smoothly from one project or task to another
- Establishes rapport and trust with functional groups
- Works well in a team environment and applies strong interpersonal skills in daily work activities
- Previous experience in entertainment industry
- Working towards or recently graduated with a Bachelors undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2020 through August/September 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.