Product Manager (PH)
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 781783BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 07, 2021
Movies Anywhere seeks a Project Hire Product Manager to join the Movies Anywhere Product Team for an exciting interim project. The successful candidate will focus on the Personalized Merchandising and Marketing initiatives leading cross-functional development on mobile, web, and OTT platforms. This candidate is data-driven, forward-thinking, and passionate about entertainment, movies and enjoys advocating for the end-user! While working closely with business partners on strategic and tactical challenges. Someone who thrives in feature development and optimizing existing user flows within the product.
The Product Manager will serve as a product owner focused on personalization and marketing initiatives developing unique B2C experiences. He or she will bring their enthusiasm, resourcefulness and build a deep understanding of Movies Anywhere teams, business, and demographic.
They will help identify current, and future Marketing team needs and determine how best to meet those needs. This includes working with the business, technology, and legal teams to gather requirements for new solutions. Staying abreast of current trends in the marketplace. Make your mark in this exciting space geared to the movie collector. BIPOC candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Lead the Personalized Merchandising feature development, promotional campaigns, and roadmap.
- Develop a new workflow for vetting Marketing projects and be the point of contact for these initiatives.
- Experience with Optimizely and A/B testing experiments.
- Work in close partnership with the marketing stakeholders, studio partners, development teams, QA while driving feature development from conception to launch.
- Provide senior management and project management with ideas, solutions, and opportunities. Drive change management as required based on new business processes and business functions.
- Maintain and communicate project status as required for technology and business stakeholders.
- Build internal relationships with partners from other segments within the Walt Disney Company, external vendors, and other services.
- Analyze and research trends in SVOD and social platforms and their offerings, business models, and success and opportunities in the marketplace.
- Adapt at jumping into new projects with flexibility as needed.
- Develop success KPIs and measure the impact of developed solutions against those KPIs.
- Demonstrate creative acumen and thought process.
- Creates Keynote or PowerPoint decks of product initiatives.
- Knowledge of the consumer digital marketplace and proven track record of product releases in the space. Experience leading product management across cross-functional teams, including Content, Marketing, Data, Operations, Legal, QA, and Engineering.
- Proficient use of Jira, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Docs.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience.
- 3+ yrs of experience using Agile SCRUM methodology a plus.
- Business analysis experience in the media, tech, and entertainment industry a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences from end-users to the Executive team.
- Strong partnering skills and ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent project management skills, resource and timeline management, risk assessment, contingency planning, and ability to work with external contractors and consultants.
- Responsive to business needs and highly motivated to improve and grow the MA user experience and MAUs.
- A sense of ownership, responsibility, and inclusiveness for the delivery of new features.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Knowledge of Amplitude and Aha! a big plus!
- Bachelor's degree required.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.