Production Asset Manager
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 747526BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Marvel is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
The Production Asset Manager will be primarily in charge of overseeing and supporting a team of production coordinators in various locations around the world. The manager will also handle the early prep work for new productions, assisting production crew in the use of the 5th Kind DAM system. They will provide front line support in Los Angeles for the system, train crew in its use and work closely with various departments to ensure files are being captured and organized properly. They will be required to understand and monitor multiple workflows to ensure they are being completed on time, both for productions in LA and the ones on location. This positon will also work very closely with other members of the Studio Operations team to provide material for various purposes, including Marketing, Promotions, Publishing and activities related to other productions.
The position is primarily Los Angeles based, but some travel may be required (this includes Internationally). Candidate should be comfortable, willing and able to travel when there is a need. This could be spending a couple weeks on location at another studio lot, or a couple months in another state or country.
Responsibilities:Management of digital asset system:
- Administration of company and user account permissions and options within the system.
- Provide front line communication, instructions and provide monitoring and assistance for internal and external sources to deliver content to the Marvel DAM.
- Insert delivered content into the Marvel DAM by applying the appropriate meta data and access rights.
- Manual insertion of assets collected from production servers.
- Provide front line communication, instructions and provide monitoring and assistance for internal and external sources to receive content from the Marvel DAM.
- Apply appropriate watermarking, formats and codecs based on delivery requirements.
- Follow up to ensure deliveries were completed successfully.
- Work closely with Digital Operations team to receive, send and archive content.
- Assist in creating and editing the groups within Marvel’s DAM to facilitate organization of assets for easier access.
- Assigning associations for characters, sets, days, scenes, etc. to assets.
- Add and edit attributes such as creator, status, notes for assets to maintain current and accurate asset status.
- Provide front line support for issues with login, forgotten passwords, training and walkthrough for assisting users with inserting and accessing assets
- Strong experience with computers, including: Operating Systems (Macintosh and Windows), Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer).
- Experience with managing teams.
- Knowledge of file formats and video specifications such as aspect ratios, frame rates, data rates, quality is desired but can train the right individual.
- Must have strong organizational skills to maintain multiple tasks and the status of each daily.
- Must be proactive and capable of using system and workflow knowledge to avoid issues before they disrupt workflow.
- Very strong communication skills, and the ability to work well with different groups of people from various departments.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if needed.
- 6 months or more working on theatrical productions
- Experience working with digital media, including: transcoding video, manipulating media in programs like Photoshop and Final Cut.
- Familiar with various video and image formats including; TIF, PNG, JPEG, CR2, WMV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced media concepts such as; aspect ratios, letterboxing, streaming, compression techniques, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.