Production Coordinator-CastingApply NowApply Later Job ID 866969BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Oct. 07, 2021
Lucasfilm Animation is the creator of the Emmy award-winning animation series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an original series now streaming on Disney+.
We are looking for a Production Coordinator, Casting for our Lucasfilm Animation technology team who reflect the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Production Coordinator will support the Casting department in scouting, corresponding with talent, agencies, studios, and production, along with coordinating and attending recording sessions for all projects associated with Lucasfilm Animation. The ideal candidate is an experienced, self-motivated, team player with a desire to work and learn within Casting. Strong Organizational Skills and Multi-Tasking are key for the Production Coordinator-Casting.
- Liaison with Casting Manager to schedule recording sessions in consideration of production deadlines and talent, studio, director availability
- Interface with agents/manager offices to check talent availability, book and confirm talent
- Book recording studios, voice directors, teachers for records
- Serve as liaison between recording studio and production staff
- Distribute scripts to talent, voice directors, and recording studios.
- Manage/Attend Record Sessions
- Prepare Reference materials for Record Sessions as needed
- Maintain Casting Database
- Maintain and track data with Finance
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with talent representatives, producers, directors, story editors, script supervisors, and recording studio personnel
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Casting for animation, television experience preferred
- Experience in Casting or VO at a studio and/or Talent Agency
- Requires excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and follow up/follow through skills required.
- Capable of handling high volume of activity and meeting deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with ability to efficiently problem-solve under deadlines
- Experience in discretion and handling confidential matters
- Proficiency using Final Draft, Filemaker Pro, Microsoft Office, GoogleMail, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Excel
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree in Animation, Art, Film or related filed preferred.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.