Already applied?View Dashboard
Production Data AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 605380BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 07, 2018
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
The Production Data and Analytics team is responsible for developing a strategy and vision for cross-functional and complex
data analysis projects. This team aggregates data across multiple CG-animated productions and transform it into meaningful
insights that inform decision making at both the operational and executive levels.
The analyst will play a vital role in building the next generation of statistical models, metrics, and visualizations for our studio.
They will be working with large, complex data sets in order to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems.
- Formulate mathematical approaches and gather data to solve key business problems
- Enhance performance by applying advanced mathematical modeling, simulation, data analytics, optimization techniques, and data visualization
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++)
- Experience with statistical software (R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience pulling data from data sets and using statistics to arrive at an answer
- Experience in communicating technically, at a level appropriate for the audience
- Comfortable in a creative environment
- Strong data visualization skills
- Strong communication skills to liaise with executives
- Machine Learning highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative natures (e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.