Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Production Data Analytics Internship, Animation Studios – Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 604449BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 29, 2018
Job Summary:Studios Production Data Analytics Internship, Summer 2019 - Burbank, CA
At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
The Production Data and Analytics team is responsible for developing a strategy and vision for cross-functional and complex data analysis projects. This team aggregates data across multiple CG-animated productions and transform it into meaningful insights that inform decision making at both the operational and executive levels.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life:
- Participating in the building of the next generation of statistical models, metrics, and visualizations for our studio
- Contributing to the building of production tools and visualizations that enable the production management teams to run scenarios and build informed plans for our films
- Assisting in the development of executive dashboards across all departments (HR, Finance, Recruiting, Production, etc.)
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis
- Experience collecting, analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Experience using one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, etc.)
- Experience in data visualization (D3.js, Tableau, Matplotlib, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable in a creative environment
- Experience with statistical tools (R, SAS, etc.) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting
- Working towards (or recently graduated with) an undergraduate degree in Analytics, Statistics, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Intern must be fully available, full time, from May/June 2019 through August/September 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.