Production Department Secretary (Casting Administration)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 814245BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
The Production Department Secretary in Casting Administration, supports Administrators and Management on assigned productions. This is an OPEIU position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Analyze time and salary units for all performers to ensure accuracy. Identify any discrepancies and work with the production offices and payroll to correct.
- Approve all deliverable documents containing highly confidential personal information, including Tax ID numbers for all Performers hired by Walt Disney Studios. Instruct Productions on steps needed to remedy any issues. Resolve issues independently, if production offices are not available.
- Determine agreements required by individual productions by assessing type of production, geographic location, guild affiliations, type of services, among other factors. Arrange the creation of new agreements as needed. Manage timeline for deliverables.
- Prepare reports for business units across the company, including finance, residuals, screen credits, clearances, and post-production.
- Provide guidance to Production around guild contracts, identifying appropriate guild contracts to ensure acquisition of signatory guild status. Resolve any challenges as they arise.
- Minimum of 1-year experience at a Studio, Casting Agency, Production Company, or Talent Agency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with SAP. Working knowledge of Adobe, MS Office
- Demonstrated organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.