Already applied?View Dashboard
Production Finance AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 549220BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 23, 2018
Job Summary:The Production Finance Analyst supports Production Finance Leads in film production and plays an active role in tracking the progress, effort, and impact of decisions on show plans and budgets. He/She will gain knowledge of the Animation film making process and will have opportunities to partner with production management and studio finance. Additionally, this role offers opportunities in supporting the finance organization as a whole through participation in broader studio analyses.
- Work directly with the Production Finance Leads (head finance person on each film) in the overall accounting, budgeting, forecasting and scheduling of a film or other ancillary project; take direction from Finance Leads on a regular basis
- Prepare weekly cost reports, including cost-to-date and cost-to-completion estimates
- Run and review reports from financial systems, including SAP and Tableau
- Reconcile monthly cash flows and drive variance analysis
- Assist in creating project bids and schedules for ancillary projects
- Support film cost accounting by assigning charge codes and ensuring accurate entries through weekly audits
- Provide production trend analysis through utilization of show metrics and/or cross-show metrics data
- Analyze and support the Post Production, Music and Non-labor sub-budgets through the creation of cost tracking templates
- Create models to aid in ad-hoc analyses and generate presentations to illustrate findings
- Update weekly departmental progress against the production schedule and productivity assumptions
- Generate reports from the production tracking database and review for accuracy
- Work with Animation Studios Finance leadership to provide accurate data to executive management
- Minimum 2-4 years financial analysis, business planning, general accounting, or other relevant experience
- Strong background in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter who can work independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Flexible nature with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Diligent attention to detail
- A natural curiosity and desire to learn
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with individuals and groups across operational and artistic departments
- Passion for the entertainment industry and animation
- Experience in film, animation or entertainment-related field preferred
- SAP or related system experience a plus
- Tableau experience a plus
BA or BS degree or equivalent in finance, accounting, or other quantitative discipline
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.