Production Finance LeadApply Now Apply Later Job ID 696201BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Nov. 05, 2019
The Production Finance Lead will play an integral role in providing context for and insight into how animated projects are budgeted, scheduled, managed, and produced. This includes working with production leadership to develop strategies, schedules, and plans regarding the production of our animated content. This role will be relied upon for sound financial guidance and judgement surrounding show plans, schedules, budgets, and forecasts. And, this role will assist in communicating critical information to both show and studio leadership teams.
• Partner with production leadership to create and manage production schedules and budgets that deliver projects on time and on budget
• Partner with Associate Producer to create executive presentations illustrating production plans, areas of risk and production tracking metrics
• Run production planning scenarios, analyses, and metric reporting functions as needed by the production management team
• Understand and report on production progress, collaborating with production department supervisors to understand how production data is captured and how it impacts financial reporting and forecasting
• Provide insights to show and studio leadership on key assumptions, levers, and risks
• Identify, capture, and report on critical show metrics and KPIs
• Bridge communication and analyses between show and finance team
• Manage the preparation of EFC reports, cash flow forecasts, headcount projections, and production status reports
• Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate / present analyses to show and studio leadership
• Assist and advise production on financial implications of decisions and planning
• Guide the work and development of a Production Finance Analyst when required
- 5+ years of prior work experience, preferably with a media/entertainment company, consulting firm, entrepreneurial venture, or other applicable environment/role
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and forecasting skills with a strong background in Excel modeling
- Ability to work independently and to drive projects to timely completion
- Ability to balance big picture issues and detailed analyses
MBA/CPA or equivalent
SAP or large scale financial system knowledge
Prior experience managing or supervising
Bachelor of Science degree in Finance or Accounting or Economics
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.