Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Production Internship, Eastham Studios – Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 747599BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 12, 2020
Eastham Studios is a cutting-edge production team that creates digital content for both on-demand and social audiences. Located in a state of the art facility with best in class production tools, Eastham Studios is a team that consists of award winning producers, editors, and animators.
The production team at Eastham Studios is tasked with producing the best in class digital short form social content along with a variety of marketing videos for Disney+. This content finds its audience across the myriad of Disney’s digital online social properties and is also prominently featured in the direct to consumer platform Disney+.
Responsibilities:A day in the life...
- Maintaining tracking grids of production updates across multiple departments through constant communication with key stakeholders
- Supporting departmental projects as needed including preparing PowerPoint presentations, internal grids and additional research assignments
- Production assistant support on stage and in the field
- Making production runs to various vendors to pick up production supplies
- Helping with setting up catering and maintaining green rooms for production
- General studio office support
- Support for the post production department regarding ingest and project set up
- Representing the department in a professional manner
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Strong critical thinking skills, a creative mindset, appetite for content
- Knowlegable regarding online and social media content
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer proficiency – Mac & Windows: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, KeyNote, Adobe, Illustrator
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work well and maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain strong working relationships and ability to interface with varied levels of management
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously
- Proactive attitude to seek and manage new initiative on behalf of the department as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with excellent follow through
- Working towards or recently completed an undergraduate degree
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.