Production Technology Coordinator
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 723208BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 11/11/2019
Job Summary:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios is home to some of the most iconic live action characters, worlds and stories across Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox. As part of the Disney Motion Pictures Production team, you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists supporting The Walt Disney Studios’ world class slate of live action features, developing the next generation of production pipeline technology, as well as solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
Responsibilities:We’re looking for an early-career, highly detail-oriented individual who has a passion for feature production and supporting technology initiatives to be a Coordinator on the team. As a Coordinator, you will:
- Provide project management support for MPP’s Production Technology Team and work closely with team members for identified project related issues
- Complete time sensitive special projects organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results
- Maintain a procurement process that continuously improves and re-evaluates the purchasing activities of the department
- Procure production equipment and hardware and supervise inventory tracking and scheduling
- Order software related to all department initiatives
- Evaluate supplier-based selection criteria based on pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
- Process new vendor setups
- Process requests for new contractors and handle all onboarding aspects
- Support business processes related to external vendor contract compliance
- Compile and log project costs and submit to management and finance for quarterly accruals and AOP tracking
- Maintain purchase order tracking process and work with finance to ensure timely processing of purchase order (PO) requests and corresponding invoices
- Manage the engagement with Corporate Management Audit to ensure critical business functions are compliant with Disney policies
- Coordinate with Legal to help facilitate the execution of all legal agreements on behalf of the Production Technology Team
- Update project status to management and escalate potential issues/ delays
- Assist management in identifying areas for process improvement
- 1+ years of technical coordination experience
- Basic understanding of theatrical production and post production practices
- Attention to detail and accuracy, ability to learn basics of managing each request to completion
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven and team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, ambitious, strong ability to multi-task
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.