Production Technology Software Engineer - All Levels
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 692003BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted 25/07/2019
We are looking for software engineers of all levels to join our Production Technology team, for development in multiple domains. In these roles, you will partner with artists, production and technology leadership, technical directors, cross-team software engineers, and other technologists and researchers across the Walt Disney Studios. You will be designing and implementing innovative workflows and state of the art solutions motivated by our new long-term vision for Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Who are we looking for?
Currently we are in the process of designing a new asset and shot toolset and complementary pipeline. We are looking for engineers interested in and/or have experience with:
- Designing & extending application core and framework
- Designing data models and schemas
- Architecting, integration, and optimizing compute and data structure
- Building and integrating media playback and story toolsets
- Rendering and simulation expertise
- Creating or enhancing artist-facing tools and applications
Responsibilities:What does it mean to be a developer here at WDAS?
- Our engineers get the opportunity to work on the full stack of our tools, from developing the underlying algorithms through building intuitive artist-friendly interfaces.
- Work hand in hand with artists to make the tools we need for the complex and rich characters and environments featured in our movies.
- Develop on top of a highly performant, extendable in-house application framework.
- Develop new artist-centric interaction models using the latest hardware and technologies.
Basic Qualifications:Qualifications could include:
- Proficiency in C++, ideally C++11/14.
- Experience with scripting languages including Python
- Experience building clean interfaces using modern UI development toolkits, including Qt
- Extensive experience designing APIs from scratch as well as designing APIs that extend existing frameworks while maintaining established patterns and architecture.
- The ability to quickly produce clear, testable code.
- Understanding of the importance of performant solutions for user interaction
- Good problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members across different disciplines including directly interfacing with stakeholders to understand requirements
- Exemplary communication, teamwork skills, balancing the timeliness of solutions with their sustainability.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands based on business value.
- Understanding of computer graphics foundational concepts, and algorithms
- Knowledge of animation, graphics techniques and algorithms
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods
- Strong understanding of coding process, standards, continuous integration and testing principles
- Experience with game engine such as Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard
- Experience in technical leadership
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering, or Masters in Computer Science or related fields
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.