Project Manager (Design UX/UI, Apps, Web)
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 708495BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 01/10/2019
Within the Consumer Product Development Program Management team, this role is somewhat unique in that it is focused on supporting the Direct to Consumer & International (DTCI) UX/UI/Design organization across five different areas – Design Systems, UX Design, UX Research, Enterprise Design, and Corporate Design. As part of this area of responsibility, we’re looking for a highly organized and driven project manager to spearhead a multi-year Design Systems initiative that will rethink the way our entire digital portfolio is designed and developed from the ground up. The role will require managing the foundational design systems work in partnership with the DTCI Design team (already underway) and then own responsibility of coordinating the roll out of these new systems across our application portfolio. We’re looking for someone with great project management fundamentals combined with experience in working with design and application teams to build consumer facing products. If you’re a former designer turned project manager (or a project manager who loves application design/UX/UI), this could be the perfect role for you.
- Use Agile and SCRUM methodologies to lead project teams to the successful delivery of software development projects.
- Plan, coordinate and direct all activities associated with creating and maintaining project plans, communication plans, risks/issues, etc.
- Ability to analyze product backlogs to derive feasible project goals based on points analysis, velocity, and priorities.
- Manage project management ceremonies including scrums, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and sprint demos
- Facilitate the creation of effective project plans in coordination with cross-functional teams that include engineering, creative, security, architecture, operations, and marketing leadership.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Consistently deliver well-articulated, balanced, and an informed communications of project status to internal and external stakeholders. This requires the ability to effectively assess project health and communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ensure the quality of all project deliverables in a proactive fashion.
- Overall management of project budgets, budget data, and reporting and communication on budget status as it relates to the overall project.
- Effective change management within assigned projects
- Effective risks and issue management across projects and within teams.
- Effective resource management to ensure that the team is fully planned and productive
- Facilitate the development and management of product release and go-to-market plans
- Manage retrospective and lessons learned process with large, cross-functional teams
- Analyze planned vs. actuals and show improvement in productivity and reduce carryovers between sprints
- Ensure the use of best practices and application of lessons learned from previous projects
- Solid facilitation and problem-solving skills and ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve project goals
- Establish collaborative relationships with co-workers and team members
- A minimum of 2+ years of digital project management, software application development or related experience
- CSM / CSP Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Scrum Agile Methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in the media industry is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent relevant experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.