Project Manager - Information Security (Part-Time)
Burbank, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 778693BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 01, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives.
Within GIS, the Information Security Awareness & Training team collaborates with other TWDC communication teams to provide information security education and training material to employees across the globe, and conducts exercises to enhance the security awareness skills of cast members. Videos, blogs, online tutorials, live presentations and other mechanisms are used to train TWDC employees on the latest and greatest in information security.
We look to add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
This individual is overall responsible for Information Security training projects at TWDC. Responsibilities include working with the information security team to identify key human risks, partnering with and building support with different business units and stakeholders, clearly and effectively explaining security risks and behaviors, tracking the impact of the training and communicating that impact to leadership. This position reports to the Manager, Information Security Program and supports the Global Information Security organization.
- Manage the development of Information Security computer-based training products from idea generation and research through final copyediting and publication.
- Build trusted and effective relationships with stakeholders and partners: Information Security team, Privacy/Legal, Physical Security, Corp. Learning & Development, Corporate and Segment Communications, etc.
- Coordinate Security Awareness initiatives during Cyber Security Awareness Month and throughout the year (Live events, blog posts, newsletters, etc…)
- Design clear and compelling diagrams, charts, and related graphics that illustrate complex security concepts and technologies to be used in materials supporting the training strategy.
- Maintain the existing Information Security educational content up-to-date and fresh across all platforms
- Provide regular reporting on training enrollment and completion.
- Monitor information security industry news and blog posts for internal educational opportunities
- At least 4 years professional experience in a corporate environment
- At least 2 years Project Management experience
- Ability to communicate and market complex messages in a simple, clear and engaging manner within our organization
- “Go-getter” attitude - Ability to take the initiative, reach out to and coordinate with different people in different departments.
- Excellent relationship-building and influencing skills in all mediums and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong planning, scheduling, organization, and attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility
- Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of information security principles
- At least 6 years professional experience in a corporate environment
- At least 2 year’s experience writing and designing information security educational material for employee and customer.
- Corporate Events Production a plus.
- BA/BS in business or computer science or appropriate work experience
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.