Project Manager (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 780803BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 06, 2021
Within Corporate, our Compensation teams design and deliver enterprise-wide compensation and benefit programs for the company. The area is responsible for designing and maintaining all plans and programs, including the integration of all acquisitions, and ensuring that plans and programs attract, retain and motivate our talented employees globally, while meeting legal, compliance and financial objectives of the company.
Our team is looking for a Project Manager to assist the project management office with various strategies occurring this year, including Executive Compensation Strategy Redesign and Rollout, Project Vista and Annual Compensation Planning, and impacts of these strategies on our broader compensation programs. The Project Manager will report to Executive Compensation in a project position with an estimated duration of 18 months. Responsibilities will include managing multiple work-streams within our Executive and Enterprise Compensation teams, including creating short term and long term solutions.
This position will work closely with the Senior Project Manager, Executive Compensation to communicate with multiple stakeholders in the development of project plans from concept to completion; develop, maintain and adjust project scope; manage cross-project dependencies and consolidate the status of the project(s). The Project Manager will analyze, communicate and manage risks that threaten critical success factors, and will communicate extensively with stakeholders to facilitate desired outcomes and clarify expectations.
- Develop and manage project work processes such as project planning, issue management, knowledge management and documentation, meeting structure, milestone tracking and reporting etc.
- Identify project level milestones and integrate them into an overall program level strategy
- Supervise all project scheduling, monitor schedule variances and recommend corrective action
- Manage scope and business requirements – align work plans with budget and schedule considerations
- Enable interactive communication among project leader and work stream leaders
- Identify the key risks of the program and advocate contingency plans
- Prepare project updates and summarize work plan status updates
- Highlight and monitor key issues to project leadership
- Assess and recommend resources needed to meet work plan requirements
- Support project work stream leaders – integrate and leverage resources where possible and define gaps and mitigation strategies where necessary
- Make pro-active recommendations on project approach, timing, priorities and deliverables where appropriate
- Experience as a project manager leading enterprise wide integrations or programs, including management of projects, change management, and project updates
- Directly related experience as a project manager with work streams that have a high degree of ambiguity
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work in fast-paced, complex environments
- Exposure to global and segment level project work that requires cross functional partners and work streams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Access to and familiarity with project manager software tools including leadership dashboard/scorecard reporting
- Prior directly related experience with compensation plans, programs and strategies is helpful but not required
- Knowledge of MS Project, SmartSheet
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Project Management certification
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.