Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10021072 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studios Content Date posted Sep. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney Studios is seeking a Project Manager to support the day to day operational aspects of supporting feature production and asset management projects across Marvel Studios and Disney Motion Picture Production.
- Lead operational and growth initiatives from end-to-end, including gathering requirements and defining scope, schedule and resourcing for the technology team (e.g., IT Infrastructure Engineering, Desktop Support)
- Ensure clear reporting of project status from project management team including: timelines, milestone tracking, budget status and issue identification to program management and stakeholders
- Prioritize and escalate critical operational tasks, execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Work with program management to assess and define technology roadmaps with key deliverables and milestone dates
- Maintain KPI dashboards related to program metrics via MS Power BI
- Apply analytics and critical thinking to identify team inefficiencies and risk areas, and implement projects or processes to streamline and improve operations
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- 3 to 7 years of experience in Technical Project Management, utilizing waterfall and agile methodology
- 5+ years of experience managing and developing teams to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience in managing technical operations teams (i.e., IT hardware engineers)
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and organizing work effectively
- Good meeting facilitation skills and effective team player
- Understanding of software programming/development
- Experience with project management tools, such as Smartsheet or MS Project
- Strong ability to develop and present business cases via PowerPoint or Keynote
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to create workflow drawings and process maps utilizing Visio
- Previous experience working in a Content Production environment
- PMP certification
- Certified Scrummaster a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering, or related technical discipline
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.