Project ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 579028BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Aug. 01, 2018
Job Summary:Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
As part of the Marvel Studios Technology team, you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists supporting these world class productions, developing the next generation of production technology, as well as solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
We’re looking for a project manager to oversee the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a variety of projects and initiatives. You’ll play the critical role of implementing key initiatives for production groups and within the Technology team. You’ll report to the Senior Manager of Program Management.
- Responsible for on-time, in-scope and in-budget delivery of identified projects and leading a project team
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of projects including scope, schedule, resources
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Provide clear reporting of project status including: timelines, milestone tracking, budget status, issue identification, and resource management
- Apply Marvel Studios project management methodology and enforce project standards which enable the team to meet targets
- Create workflow diagrams of production technology processes and identify opportunities to streamline processes or improve efficiency
- Communicate project status to key stakeholders and management
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Preference of working under pressure while managing multiple tasks and organizing work effectively
- Good meeting facilitation skills and effective team player
- Understanding of software programming/development
- Technical Project management experience (waterfall and agile methodology)
- Previous experience with project management tools including Smartsheet and Jira a plus
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong computer literacy and experience with office software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc
- Previous experience working in a Feature Production environment a plus
- CSM certification preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Science or Engineering, or related technical discipline with a focus on software development
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios, Pay Services, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios, Pay Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.