Project - Metadata Researcher and CleanserApply NowApply Later Job ID 790620BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted May 19, 2021
Position Role: the Metadata Researcher & Cleanser operates as part of a team under the Data Cleansing and Alignment (DCA) initiative as part of Project Steamboat (Steamboat). Steamboat is a DMG project to overhaul and replace systems and processes with respect to Music Publishing, Licensing and royalties processing/repertoire management. The goal of DCA is to prepare and align metadata across two separate systems for eventual migration over to one unified system (currently referred to as “Unified Repertoire”). The Metadata Researcher/Cleanser will utilize a tool to identify missing or misaligned metadata, research and confirm the missing or conflicting information and populate/correct the current in-house repertoire database for recorded music, known as DNote. Data points include such items as confirming track listings, identifying Primary Artists, understanding (P) and (C) notices, and researching whether or not recordings were made under AFM and/or SAG-AFTRA Agreements. There will likely also be instances in which listening to a recording will be required, to confirm the existence of vocals.
This is a 30 month project position.
- Utilize Talend interface to review and compare data points across DNote
- Research missing information and populate DNote; this will include regular interface with various Disney departments across TWDC, as well as making ample use of online research tools
- Complete a specific, assigned number of data points per day and per week to meet deliverables
- Listen to recordings in certain circumstances to identify differences in edits, or the existence of vocals
- Recording and music publishing industry and label copy knowledge
- Basic office administrative skills, including efficient typing (email, phones)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Minimum 1 year of database management experience
- Steady, unwavering attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Music industry experience
- Music listening skills (i.e., the ability to hear differences in arrangements, length, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors degree
Additional Information:The following characteristics are absolutely essential in this role: steady, unwavering attention to detail, excellent organization, basic recording and music publishing industry and label copy knowledge, the ability to hit required deliverables and deadlines, and clear, concise communication. This role is very research heavy, and the ability to learn quickly and integrate historical, institutional knowledge is a must to be successful. Finally, one must also need to be extremely vigilant in their research, cross referencing information across multiple sources.
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.