Projection Engineer - DAILYApply NowApply Later Job ID 795685BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 12, 2021
The Projection Engineer supports the equipment needs for production activities on all Screening / Review Rooms for the Studio lot. Ensures systems are set-up and functioning for the event/production and maintains the configuration and stability of the mixing consoles, real-time adjustment of sound levels, and coordination with projection engineering projection needs, etc. during the production. This also includes acting as the liaison to ancillary engineering teams for issue resolution.
This position is part of a team that:
- Manages maintenance contracts with all ancillary vendors
- Performs repairs, build, reconfigure, and assesses needs for all projection, control, and presentation systems
- All “live” operational problem-solving required in the room
- Live events, premieres, previews…
Responsibilities:Media/Post Engineering Sound Stage support:
- Works as Embedded Engineer to support all production activities on the Screening / Review Rooms
- System design, integration and support for: Dolby Atmos, ProTools, AVID, etc.
- Full Operation/Management/Technical support of all equipment on the Screening / Review Rooms
- Works directly with clients for all resident productions on Screening / Review Rooms, and the Digital Media Center
Media/Post Engineering focus and support:
- Trouble shooting/implement repair for Dolby Atmos, ProTools, all AVID systems, and the ancillary equipment in the Screening / Review Rooms
- Coordinate with clients for Design/Implementation, ongoing maintenance, and operation
Basic Qualifications:This position will have demonstrated ability to and experience in:
- Design, build, and install systems
- Perform Computer networking, Auto CAD
- Color correction
- High Definition video equipment
- Crestron controlled audio and video routing systems
- Live sound reinforcement equipment, including mixing consoles, compressors, graphic equalizers and microphones, for music and speech special events.
- Troubleshoot video and audio equipment, including projector automation.
- General knowledge of windows computers and interface software for various equipment control.
- Basic knowledge of an Avid and Final Cut pro editing suite.
- Strong knowledge of current and continued development of knowledge of future projection technology.
- DCP handling, KDM’s and projection, as well as other digital formats.
- Ability to offer professional and technical leadership among the team while supporting the department head.
- Ability and desire to be a team leader and provide support to Projection Department Head.
Additional Information:Passport recommended (travel likely)
This position is covered by the IATSE – Local 695. If not currently a member, you will be required to join the Motion Picture Editors Union after the first 30 days of employment.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.