Protective Services Driver (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 861791BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
Responsibilities:As a Protective Services Driver (PH), you’d utilize your functional expertise, sound judgment and exceptional customer service skills while providing safe and efficient transportation of designated individuals. You must be flexible, versatile, and able to foster an atmosphere of trust and confidence while operating with integrity and professionalism.
Every day as a Protective Services Driver (PH) is different! One any given day you will
- Provide safe, secure and reliable transportation to designated individuals.
- Operate independently to anticipate transportation requirements, plan and practice routes, initiate advance visits to event or meeting sites, and partner with internal and external resources to ensure seamless security support during transportation, drop off and pick up.
- Ensure that designated vehicles are clean, comfortable and in optimum working condition through regular inspections, general maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Maintain situational awareness - anticipate and react to changes to the security environment while keeping team members informed, providing recommendations and collaborating with team to solve problems or adjust plans while still meeting timelines.
- Provide and coordinate security related services including, but not limited to, security systems monitoring, emergency planning and event planning.
- Conduct risk assessments and improve the risk identification processes by developing new sources of information and by pursuing cutting edge technology and techniques in development of all security plans.
- Build relationships and improve business processes to identify stakeholder needs, identify potential gaps, and enhance the TWDC security culture.
- Assist in monitoring, appraising and making recommendations to improve team performance.
- Build positive working relationships with TWDC business partners, law enforcement and government officials during all assignments. As part of this responsibility, develop close working relationships with local, federal and state agencies, industry peers and industry groups.
- Support special events and other activities as needed.
Basic Qualifications:Here’s what you will need to be successful as a Protective Services Driver (PH):
- Valid California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Security Guard License
- Valid California Driver’s License
- At least 5 years of experience in a security setting acting as a security driver or in a role where security driver was a collateral responsibility.
- Basic medical training and certifications including CPR, AED and first aid for severe bleeding.
- Experience conducting security advances, planning and managing special events, investigations and risk assessments.
- Demonstrated track record of partnering with various organizations within a large global corporate environment to achieve specific goals and objectives.
- Strong operational capabilities with experience assessing and executing operational contingency plans based on risk.
- Working knowledge of physical security systems to include, but not limited to intrusion detection systems, CCTV, alarm monitoring systems, communications devices, and other security related software/hardware.
- Working knowledge of personal security and event security as required to conduct, assessments and provide recommendations and/or implement the security measures needed to protect VIPs, events, facilities and intellectual property.
- Demonstrates resiliency, sound judgment, and tact in dealing with business and corporate challenges.
- Attention to accuracy as well as the ability to work under pressure, consistently meet deadlines, and prioritize as needed.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be a plus if you also have these skills:
- Private sector, law enforcement, military or government agency role as personal security detail (PSD) driver.
- Extensive medical training and experience such as EMT, Paramedic, Navy Corpsman, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
Additional Information:Project Hire - This is a temporary assignment with no guarantee of placement.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.