Public Affairs Manager (DPEP)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 962105BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As the Public Affairs Manager you help the team serve as an early warning system by providing internal stakeholders with actionable intelligence through the analysis and monitoring of global issue trends for the purpose of identifying potential impacts on DPEP. Additionally, the Public Affairs Manager identifies, establishes, and cultivates mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders in alignment with key issues.
Every day as the Public Affairs Manager is different. On any given day you may:
- Monitor and understand key issues on the external landscape impacting reputation
- Track developments at external entities and resources such as government, academic institutions and business organizations to ensure DPEP has awareness
- Anticipate and proactively address any key issues or opportunities
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders in alignment with key issues, such as nonprofits, NGOs, advocacy groups, consultants, etc
- Develop, implement and maintain internal education and information-sharing tools related to issues management to ensure integration across DPEP
- Deliver ad-hoc cross-platform reports and insights quickly to assist internal stakeholders with time sensitive business decisions and issues management/crisis response
- Quickly synthesize information from a variety of sources to identify business risks and opportunities and make recommendations that contribute to the development of effective public affairs strategies.
- Work with leaders to develop materiality assessments to prioritize issues that impact DPEP
- Assist with implementing and sustaining proactive strategies to address stakeholder issues, in partnership with business units, functional areas and worldwide public affairs
- Serve as a consultant and resource to global sites on monitoring activities for local and global sensitive business decisions and/or issues response
Basic Qualifications:Please apply if you have:
- 5+ years experience in public affairs, external affairs, stakeholder engagement, public policy, political campaigns, communications or related fields
- Proven stakeholder relationship management, preferable with existing relationships
- A positive attitude with ability to problem solve and build effective partnerships. A knowledge seeker who is curious.
- Skilled presentation skills with experience presenting to senior executives
- Strong project management skills, communication and writing skills and a keen attention to detail
- Proven strong conflict management skills and process improvement skills
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure, manage competing priorities and time-sensitive projects at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Excellent judgment and proven ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate extended operational hours necessary for managing complex, timely issues as well as supporting global clients in Europe and Asia
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you also had:
- Previous experience working in Public Affairs, External Affairs or directly with elected officials, global brands, or agencies
- Experience working in the Travel/Leisure, Entertainment, and/or Consumer Goods Industry, preferably in public affairs, communications, issues management or research capacity (in-house or agency)
- Proficiency with media research tools such as NetBase, Google Analytics, Cision or Critical Mention including understanding of Boolean search operators
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in public policy, communications, business, or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.