Publicist (ABC Entertainment)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 995426BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Entertainment Date posted Jun. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Develop and execute innovative and culturally relevant publicity campaigns for ABC programming, including Primetime scripted and unscripted series and specials, to increase buzz and awareness.
- Responsible for sustaining strong media relationships with national and local print, broadcast and online outlets
- Build and maintain strong communication and relationships with internal departments including but not limited to: Original Programming, Business Affairs, Production, Marketing, Photography, Digital Marketing and ABC.com to promote projects and initiatives
- Ensure that all publicity needs and goals are met in a timely and professional manner
- Establish and uphold relationships with talent, talent managers, talent publicists, executive producers and executives
- Effectively present and communicate publicity strategies in meetings
- Coordinate media interest in the Network and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Pitch, book and cover on-set interviews, write and edit press materials, coordinate and cover set visits, coordinate photographic coverage
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop and execute strategies to promote projects and initiatives.
- Comfortable and strategic in the social media space and savvy about utilizing the social platforms to grow reach
- Work with agencies on campaign strategies and multi-cultural outreach.
- Able to take direction, pivot easily and be readily responsive.
- Ability to travel and manage work-related commitments outside of standard business hours as needed.
- 2+ years experience in public relations or related field
- Entertainment industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Social Media Savvy
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Talent relations experience
- Editorial experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About ABC Entertainment:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC Entertainment.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.