PublicistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 710345BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 04, 2019
This position will be responsible for creating and implementing effective publicity/media relations campaigns for the Disney+ streaming service, with a focus on driving strategies and coordination with global teams for original and library content publicity, while also providing communications support for platform marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate has experience in developing and executing communications initiatives, working with various content and publicity teams, executives and cross-functional global teams. Has a strong understanding of the streaming and traditional television marketplace and an ability to write publicity communications in a clear, thoughtful and incisive manner. This includes drafting press releases, talking points, and other publicity materials, handling outreach to key national and local media outlets.
Responsibilities:This role requires a strategic and creative mind that’s solutions oriented and can work in a fast-changing environment with the ability to adapt quickly under pressure. This role will develop communications strategies for Disney+ campaigns. Heavy focus on pitching stories to media outlets, including print and electronic reporters and critics, online outlets and influencers.
- · Oversee long and short-term publicity strategies that build buzz for original and library content on Disney+ streaming service.
· Develop and execute results-driven publicity campaigns, pre-launch, at launch and beyond, using traditional and out of the box tactics.
· Write and edit press materials and releases, coordinate and cover set visits and photography coverage.
· Coordinate media interest in Disney+ and ensure regular contact with target media with appropriate, timely responses to requests.
· High degree of collaboration with multiple internal publicity teams to promote content. Work together to plan and execute talent participation in major promotional and publicity events, including but not limited to junkets, premieres, Comic-Con, D23 Expo, etc.
· Build and maintain strong communication and relationships with internal departments including but not limited to Content, Marketing, Business Affairs, Production and Publicity to promote projects and initiatives
· Manage international publicity requests for various titles
· Establish and uphold relationships with talent, talent managers and publicists, executive producers and executives
· Ensure that all publicity needs and goals are met in a timely and professional manner
Basic Qualifications:· Minimum 3+ publicity experience at a network, streaming service, studio or agency
· Experience creating and executing press opportunities for a variety of content
· Established relationships with TV entertainment media, talent bookers, studio partners and talent reps
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Multitasker who’s eager, proactive, adaptable to change and transformation
· Excellent organizational skills
· Team player
· Comfortable and strategic in the social media space and savvy about utilizing social platforms to grow reach
· Knowledge of FYC/Awards campaigns
· International experience or knowledge of international media is a plus.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.